Is Butter good or bad for you. Most people are often shocked when they see how much butter I use, and consume in one day. But I know the real truth; Butter is a good fat and can actually help you lose weight.
Unfortunately, people are nowadays are thinking butter is unhealthy, this is a very common misconception. People still think that butter and saturated fats are the reason heart disease is one of the top killers in this country (and in the developed world). The truth is that it’s not the natural fats that are causing this epidemic, its the sugar, especially corn syrup (Fructose) used in processed and packaged foods, and the over-consumption of refined oils that are causing so much disease. (you can add Diabetes, High Cholesterol and High Blood Pressure to this list as well).
Butter, is rich in butyric acid, which is a short-chain saturated fatty acid  that is produced by our gut flora, and is used for energy by the cells in our colon. It has now been found to be a major contributor to a healthy metabolism, helps to control our blood lipids and our insulin sensitivity. One study found that mice fed with butyric acid supplement had a 300% increase in their insulin sensitivity.
Butyric acid is anti-inflammatory, is anti-cancer, has anti-stress properties and is being studied to cure all kinds of problems including leaky gut, and a host of autoimmune diseases. In fact, it’s now believed that some of the metabolic problems that are plaguing us today are not only relieved by butyric acid, but could indeed be caused by a lack of that precious fatty acid in the first place.
1. Did you know that during the 60 year period upto the 1970’s, the proportion of traditional animal fat in the American diet declined from 83% to 62%?
2. During this same time butter consumption plummeted from 18 pounds per person each year to 4 pounds per person each year.
3. During the past 80 years, the consumption of dietary cholesterol intake has increased only one percent.
So why all the heart disease?
1. During the same period, the average intake of dietary vegetable oils (margarine, shortening, and refined oils) increased by about 400%.
2. During the same period, the consumption of sugar and processed foods increased by about 60%.
3. In the same period of time 70% of the western world became deficient in magnesium. (But we will talk about this in another article soon).
Those are the facts, but there’s never better proof than the results I see with my clients and my readers. When people finally stop eating margarine, refined oils, “fake” butters, sugar and processed foods, their health sky rockets! I mean, it gets better, greatly improves, and elevates to a new levels. Not to mention all the ugly body fat they lose off their body.
It’s important to mention that the butter I use is organic and grass fed. It has this beautiful deep yellow color and is not white like most conventional butters. It has gone through minimal processing and has no added growth hormones and antibiotics.
Now that I told you butter is OK to eat, here is a delicious chicken recipe you can try for yourself:
Chicken with butter dressing
- 2 large chicken breasts (approximately 1 lb of chicken)
- 6 Tbsp of melted butter
- lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large pan. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook the chicken breasts in butter covered on very low heat. Do not let the butter get brown. Pour the lemon juice in a separate bowl. Slowly stir in the remaining melted butter as you stir the mixture. Then slowly add the olive oil as you stir mixture. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour the “dressing mixture” over your cooked chicken breasts.
You can read more recipes such as the one above in Mike Geary’s ebook the Truth about Six Pack Abs which is packed full of nutrition advice, and healthy lifestyle.
Ref  Short Chained fatty acid formation at fermentation of indigestible carbohydrates: Henningsson, Bjorck, Nyman. Scandinavian Journal oj’Nutrition/Nuringsj’orskning ~ol45:16.5-168,2001
Pingback: Eating Coconut Oil can help you Lose Fat | Lose Fat Fitness